Friday, September 4, 2015

Freedom in Surrender

"In my distress I cried out to the Lord . . .
He heard me from his sanctuary;
my cry to him reached his ears."
Psalm 18:6

Many times I find myself fighting back tears when I am in pain. It is like I am afraid to release those painful places tucked in my heart. I hide them from God and hope they will just go away. My heart struggles to let my soul be cleansed with tears. Yet the truth is, crying out to God is like a spa for your soul. He tells us in His Word,

“Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy” Psalm 126:5 .

We will find the freedom we are looking for when we surrender our heartache to heaven, and allow our heavenly Father to handle our heart.
Pain is still a part of my life, as it is for everyone. The key to a heart at peace is not dodging or denying pain; it is learning where to run with your heavy heart. It is allowing God to enter into those dark places that only His light can heal.
If you are hurting right now, I want to encourage you to release your tears and let your Lord wash away the pain with His holy presence. He longs to run to you and give you comfort when you cry out to Him. He is a compassionate God, and He is waiting to heal your hurting heart.