Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Promise



I live in the Spirit, I believe, and in the sense of being directed, getting the voice of the Lord and the mind of the Spirit. I just know this, That God has reduced all of that leadership and direction to me until I find myself walking continually under a  strange  spiritual intimation in my inner being. It doesn't always  come in a verse or a Word, but it's a  strange intimation in my spirit as I  am in one with God.  I move with God;   I move in the Spirit;  as far as I know I am moving in the will of God. As far as He reveals it to me, I accept it and by His grace I  walk in that Spirit. And therefore, when there's  anything to be done, He brings an intimation in my spirit, "This is  the next step,  this is the next way". And as He does that,  He gives me a Word or an  assurance or some kind of a confidence in my spirit, that's  the thing that I believe.  And when I believe that, lay hold of that, take that as my steadying portion, I get through to victory. Now that  seems to be the  only logical way  that I can get it, and it seems to me that's the scriptural way.
 
2 Peter 1:4 "Wherefore He hath given unto us  the precious promises."
 
Why?  So  you  can use them  to make God do something? No, you  got the thing all wrong. He gave us  the precious promises to give a  sense of security  that  I have something to rely upon. I have a sense of authority  back of me when that Word  is  in me. A sense that  God is with me; the thing is real;  the thing is true. And when under that,  I keep  my spirit bathed in it, walking in it. I believe it's because we keep in touch with Him that this becomes real in our experience. The promises are given to us to steady us while we do the thing that God is asking us to do.
 
Isaiah 30:21 "This is the way, walk ye in it."
 
Now,  how?
 
Well , here comes The Word of The Lord into my heart to give me  a  sense of security; to establish my faith; to keep my soul anchored. And I take that little Word, whatever it is, and I close it up in my heart and guard it and anything that is contrary to it is brought captive.
 
And away I go!        
 
And it brings results!
 
I wasn't taught that  years ago but I discovered it and I've  taught other people and they all come back, even years afterward and  say,
 
"Thank God, I'm liberated!"
 
Matthew 4:4 World English Bible
But he answered, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'"
 
We live by a proceeding word. God has something to speak to our heart today, That is beyond anything He spoke to us yesterday.