Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Beyond Our Present Understanding


“And no man puts new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.”  Luke 5:37-38

We are this bottle.  Jesus is telling us that we must have a capacity to hear a fresh word from Him that is beyond our present understanding.  We must have a spiritual ear and capacity to hear fresh revelation and understanding, beyond that which we heard in the past.

Throughout the course of history, there have been specific times of intervention in which the Lord used an individual to change the course of history.  Examples of this are Noah, Abraham, and Moses.  These times of specific divine intervention lifted mankind from one level of His workings and dealings to a higher level.

At this present time, the Lord is knocking on the door of our spirit, preparing us so He can again move in direct intervention, as we are approaching the time in which the Church Age will close, and we will move into the Millennial Kingdom Age.

“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.”  Revelation 3:20

“To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne.”  Revelation 3:21

 “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up here.... And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.”  Revelation 4:1-2

 These Scriptures begin with Jesus knocking on the door of the Church and end with Him seated with those who are overcomers, on the Throne in His Kingdom.