Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Let It Be


The Christian life is a supernatural life. That is, above the laws and limitations of the natural
man and cannot be perfectly expressed by him. When we first begin to seek out some of the ideals,
teaching and principles, and try in our own power and will to move toward them by
using the finest qualities of the old creation life we get a lifeless religious result.
Christ is the center of the new ideal and life. He lives it through the surrendered life of a believer.
“Christ in you the hope of glory.” “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,
who loved me, and gave himself for me” Galatians 2:20.
“Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” Matthew 5:42.
What an astounding statement, in the face of a needy, perishing world, Our Lord is not calling us
here to do anything, as far as a religious activity or service is concerned.
He simply says, "BE.” This little word suggests a "potential",
it suggests growth, development, partaking of a divine nature. Releasing a new creation life.
We pray "Lord just tell me what to do" It is so much easier to "DO" than to "BE".
here we find that the goal toward which God is working. That the Life of His Son that has been
deposited within us might find full and free expression. It is this Life that perfectly pleases The Father!

LET IT "BE".