Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Just Wait

Waiting on the Lord, to me, is this:  waiting quietly in anticipation.  I’m looking at a door that’s closed, and I’m expecting at any moment that door is going to open up and Someone is going to walk through.  That’s manifest presence.  I’m going from the fact of the Lord’s presence into His manifested presence.  Waiting, to me, is anticipation that the Lord is going to walk into my life.  He’s going to begin to operate, move and speak.  Usually, no matter how long I wait, whether it’s ten minutes or ten hours, and how often I do it, but we’ll say over the period of a week or two, I’ll guarantee, at the end of that time, I will feel like I’ve wasted my time. 

But I’ll make one more statement.  And this is a powerful, wonderful statement.  Even though I feel like I’ve wasted my time, everything in my life will be different.  Things will start to happen (when we wait on God).  Things that would have gone wrong will go right.  They’ll be a favor of God resting upon me that would not have been there otherwise.


It’s not that I’m waiting and will get all kinds of revelation and visions and things.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh.  That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  There’s a deeper working of the Spirit within me that will manifest through the outworking of my life.  That will come later, down the road, and very few understand this.


Isaiah 40:31King James Version (KJV)

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
                                          
Reverse Interlinear
English (KJV)   Strong'sRoot Form (Hebrew)
 
h6960   
קָוָה qavah


h3068   
יְהֹוָה Yĕhovah


h2498   
חָלַף chalaph


h3581   
כֹּחַ koach


h5927   
עָלָה `alah


h83   
אֵבֶר 'eber


h5404   
נֶשֶׁר nesher


h7323   
רוּץ ruwts


h3021   
יָגַע yaga`


h3212   
יָלַךְ yalak


h3286   
יָעַף ya`aph