Monday, September 30, 2013

He Awakens My Spirit





“The Lord God has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary:  He wakens morning by morning, He wakens my ear to hear as the learned.  The Lord God has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.”  Isaiah 50:4-5

He wakens morning by morning.”  To be “awakened” means that I am lifted above the limitation of my natural sense perception and understanding, into the realm of the supernatural.

When He awakens my spirit, my inner being is alerted – becoming sensitive to His presence.  Today, this may require a wind strong enough to knock me off my feet, but tomorrow, I will be a little more sensitive and it will not require as much.  And finally, it will take just a little breeze and I will hear, because I have cultivated, or developed the ability to hear.