Saturday, September 14, 2013

God in every circumstance...


Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Except we, in some measure, come to understand God’s ways of working, we may find ourselves involved in that which is at cross-purposes with Him. He may be trying to crucify us through a certain individual, but all we see is someone trying to do us wrong. God may be applying the chastening rod, but we interpret it as someone wrongly abusing us.

Zec 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

If we can recognize God at work refining us, we will find ourselves in His School of Preparation, without our being aware that we have entered the process of our preparation. We must come into a practical relationship with the Holy Spirit as our director and teacher. Each individual will be in a class by himself, and receive the lessons specifically fitted to the crucifixion of his will, heart, and carnal nature. These deal inwardly, backward in correction concerning incidents of the past, and forward in preparation toward the intended position and work to occupy us in “that day.”

Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Jesus, the Master builder, is at hand, diligently working with fullers soap, refiners fire, winnowing fan, trying circumstances, and unreasonable people. He will bring to bear all these, and many other crucifying, chastening, and correcting people and trying things, which are exactly suited to our individual processing.

The only safe way is to face them all as being a test, in which we are to overcome. See no man. Rather, see it as being appointed of the Lord. The Lord will formulate conditions, and set in our path persons adapted to reach and correct our every crooked, or warped tendency. We must accept and understand the fact that it is the Lord at work. An almost endless variety of incidents, and people, may gather about us. The purpose of all is that He may be revealed in us as we properly respond to the many dealings by repentance and faith. If we will remain steadfast and faithful, after we come through it all, we will have been prepared for His Kingdom purposes.

 “…a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the Masters use, and prepared unto every good work.” II Timothy 2:21