Sunday, August 19, 2012

Living Sacrifice

In faith each day we present ourselves to the Lord as a “Living Sacrifice”
“Dear Lord my body belongs to you. These are your hands; these are your eyes, this is your mind,

all my members, all that I have received as a result of my natural birth I present to you. You are The Vine, as a branch I join myself to You.” The Lord desires that we overcome all the natural passions, lusts and inclinations of our body as well as the weaknesses, uncleanness and sins. We, on the basis of our faith in our co-death with Christ exercise our will to deny sin its influence in the body and its power to express itself through the members through our daily consecration (setting apart). On the basis of the Lord’s resurrection we offer ourselves to God as "instruments of righteousness." The expression of this Resurrection Life is our victory for as we “walk in the Spirit” we “wont” fulfill the lusts of the flesh. If we respond to Gods call in our heart and present ourselves and our members to Him with “childlike faith” according to His word, the God who calls us will accept our consecration and fill us with himself so that we may do His will in all things!