Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Spiritual Reality

God sees our heart. Because we invited Him in and gave Him permission
to have His way, His hand is released to move in our life. Through many circumstances both big and small we are “pushed” out of our “comfort zone” into the realm of the Spirit. Our sensitivity to the “Spirit” does not involve our “natural” senses. So we are taken into the wilderness where many of Gods dealings are about “reducing us” and bringing us to the end of our reliance upon ourselves, our strengths, our ideas, our abilities. Blessed are the “poor in spirit” (Mat 5:3) said another way… we are blessed as we move beyond the “milk of salvation” and embrace “the meat” of Gods dealings in our life that have one purpose to bring us to the absolute end of ourselves. Being poor in spirit is not thinking less of ourselves, it’s actually not thinking of ourselves at all. The wilderness time is not wasted time. Through it our soul is broken and becomes quiet and no longer oppresses the spirit but is now available to give expression to His life. It is at this moment that our "judicial position" with Christ begins to be our "spiritual reality"

Gal 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”