Monday, March 9, 2015

Old School


“The good that I would I do not: but the evil which I
would not, that I do” (Rom. 7:19).
I understand what Paul is saying. For many years
I tried, like a good Christian, to carry out the teaching
of the Sermon on the Mount and found I couldn’t do it;
I failed! I gave it up in disgust and decided to leave the
Sermon on the Mount up the mount! It was some years
later before I discovered that the Christian life isn’t
hard to live, "it’s impossible to live"and only Jesus can
live it. Then I recognized that my "only struggle" was the
struggle not to struggle: to let go and let God!
I learned from my failure. I came to understand that the seed
of success lies in what appears to be a lifeless mess. There is no
such thing as waste with God! Waste is a lack of revelation.
God does much with little, most with least and everything with
nothing. Its when my life ends that His begins. (Gal2:20).
The school of the Spirit is all about the impossible.
After all this time now brokenness is a constant companion.
Weakness is strength! (2Cor 12:9). Independence has been
replaced with a moment by moment communion with the
"Spirit of Life" that has set me free from the "Law of sin and
death" (Rom 8:2) With God all things are possible through
the life of His Son finding expression in me (Phil 4:13).