Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Gospel of Christ

Crucified With Christ

  • We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. (Rom. 6:6)
  • I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. (Gal. 2:20a)
  • Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. (Gal. 5:24)
  • But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. (Gal. 6:14)

 Died With Christ

  •  Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? (Rom. 6:3) 
  • Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. (Rom. 6:8a)
  •  So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. (Rom. 6:11)
  •  Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ. (Rom. 7:4a)
  •  We have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died. (2. Cor. 5:14)
  •  If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations? (Col. 2:20)
  •  For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. (Col. 3:3)

Buried With Christ

  • We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death. (Rom. 6:4a)
  •  Having been buried with him in baptism. (Col. 2:12a)

Resurrected With Christ

  •  For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. (Rom. 6:5)
  •  Even when we were dead in our trespasses, [God] made us alive together with Christ. (Eph. 2:5a)
  •  And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses. (Col. 2:13)

Ascended and Seated With Christ

  • [God] raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. (Eph. 2:6)
  •  The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. (Rev. 3:21)