Monday, January 27, 2014

Stairway To Heaven


 
The Lord is everywhere and in everything but there is one place He is not, and that is in a hurry.  Only that which He has accomplished in us will be taken into eternity. All else will be left behind. As we walk with The Lord it is one step at a time, If we should miss The Lord, He is only one step away. Our progress is ever upward toward Him, as with a set of stairs, riser and step upon riser and step. The Lord awaits us at the top of these stairs. The first riser and step may be called ‘revelation.” When a scripture is quickened (becomes real) within me, my understanding is “opened’ concerning it. As I embrace this understanding (the riser) and act upon it (the step), it will become a personal reality within my life experience. The “revelation” that I received (riser) had to become a part of me (demonstration) and reflect Jesus through my daily pattern of life (step). As I arrived at the top of the riser to enter this “stage” of life experience, the step crossed the riser and appeared to me as being a cross (a choice) . It rested on top of the revelation that had brought me upward this far and was situated so I could not enter the step that was beyond until I first embraced this cross (obedience). As I died further to my own ways, I was released to move into the circumstances the Lord had prearranged for me on this level. As these had the full effect on me, the revelations I had received became within me a present reality, and “substance” was added to my spiritual experience. Each stair is a test. My self-will is revealed, I embrace the cross, die to myself, and experience more of the life of Jesus within me. This stairway to heaven is different for each person. We are being asked to willingly obey what God is asking from us at this very moment by exercising our will (deny self) and choosing for The Lord. In Luke 9:23, Jesus said, “1f anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me”