Sunday, January 19, 2014

Consecration


For the love of Christ constrained us; because we thus judge, that one died for all, therefore all died; and he died for all, that they that live should no longer live unto themselves, but unto him who for their sakes died and rose again.
II Cor. 5:14-15

After we are constrained by love and purchased by His blood, he needs one more act of our will. This extra step puts us in the position of true consecration. Being constrained by the Lord’s love and knowing that we have been purchased, we quietly set ourselves apart from everything in order to be wholly the Lord’s. This is consecration. It is the acceptance of a holy calling, an election to the highest office of serving the Lord. “O Lord, being loved, what else can I do than to separate myself from everything that I may serve You? Hereafter no one may use my hands or feet or mouth or ears, for these my two hands are to do Your works, my two feet to walk in Your way, my mouth to sing Your praise, and my ears to listen to Your voice.” This is consecration.