Monday, July 8, 2013

Dead Man Walking

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”  Galatians 2:20

I live yet not I.”  This statement should resonate deep within those who have yielded the totality of their being to the Lord.

There is a process that we must go through for this higher realm of identity with Jesus to become a personal reality in our daily life experience.  Jesus is to become the manifest head of His Body (us) because we have become so transparent that only He can be seen.  This is the end-time “witness” that will greatly affect the world.

“But you shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and you shall be witnesses to Me….  Acts 1:8

In the original, the word translated “witness” is “martyr.”  To the extent that we die to our self-life, we become the expression of the life of Jesus.  We ourselves are to be this witness (You shall be witnesses).  As we come into a personal relationship with Jesus, and become one with Him in intent and purpose, His life will be seen through our lives.

Few of us will ever have the opportunity to give our lives as a martyr, but all of us can become a living martyr.  We are, by divine design, capable of becoming this witness – “I live yet not I.”