Saturday, February 21, 2015

Help us to Pray


Rom 8:26 (AMP)  So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance.
 

I don’t think that I am the only one who tries to think through problems. I don’t think I am the only one who tries to determine what others need according to my own logical way of thinking. But when I do try to determine how to pray, and I am sometimes wrong in my determination, I end up just polluting the spiritual atmosphere with fleshy words based on finite ability to discern the things of the spirit realm. The five senses will never understand the Spirit. The mind of a million people is still foolishness to God. He can see, hear, and understand in every realm, while we are largely limited to the realms that are examined by the five senses.
No wonder the Scriptures say that “God’s ‘nonsense’ is still wiser than the ‘wisdom’ of human beings” (1 Cor. 1:25). It is imperative that we allow the Lord, who sees all, hears all, and understands all things, to have His way when we pray. It is the fastest, most direct route to the will of God. Let’s pray His will. When we don’t know His will let the posture of our spirit be toward heaven in an attitude of worship that sees Him enthroned in our lives and the Spirit will begin to be released deep within us before the very throne of God.