Saturday, December 7, 2013

His Body on Earth!


He is building and perfecting His Body on earth! His dealings to adjust us to maturity, to sanctify us unto His Lordship,
comprise a process over time, whereby He works unto us His very Holiness. And during this process, He also
deals with us collectively to build us as living stones into His Holy Temple of praise and worship to Him (hence
His dwelling place, since He dwells in the praises of His people)(Psalms 22:3). and to order us as members of His Body
(His physical manifestation on earth). This first form of adjustment emphasizes our relationships with one another, and that we
become fitted and adjusted to one another. The second form emphasizes our functioning in ministries and service to one another
and collectively to the world. Christ is not only building His church to manifest His love and grace on earth; He is also
building His army to manifest His glory on earth by undoing the works of satan. The full physical restoration of His Kingdom
on earth is future (His Parousia). But He now is building His army, to conquer and lead His children into the Promised land,
so that there will exist on earth (before then) a physically tangible foretaste of His Kingdom, that the rest of the world
will see His glory. And how shall He demonstrate His glory on earth? Through us!

 
John 17:22-24
King James Version (KJV)
22 And the glory which thou gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know
that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may
 behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou loved me before the foundation of the world.