Friday, February 24, 2012

Preach the Word

""
Shall I, for fear of mortal man,
The Spirit's course in me restrain?
Or, undismayed, in deed and word
Be a true witness to my Lord
Awed by mortal's frown, shall I
Conceal the Word of God most high?
How then before Thee shall I dare
To stand, or how Thine anger bear
Shall I, soothe the unholy throng
Soften Thy truths, and smooth my tongue?
To gain earth's guilded toys, or flee
The cross, endured my Lord by Thee.
What then is he whose scorn I dread,
Whose wrath or hate makes me afraid?
A man! an heir of death, a slave
To sin! a bubble on the wave!
Yea! let man rage, since Thou wilt spread
Thy shadowing wings about my head;
Since in all pain Thy tender love
Will still my sure refreshment prove.
Give me Thy strength,O God of power;
Then let winds blow or tempest roar;
Thy faithful witness will I be;
'Tis fixed; I can do all through Thee.
~    John Wesley


Photobucket